Structural insulated panels (SIPs) are high performance building panels used in floors, walls, and roofs for residential and light commercial buildings.
The biggest benefit of SIP Design versus a stick built home is energy efficiency. Don’t pay to heat and cool the outdoors! Air leakage and improperly installed insulation can waste 20 percent or more of the energy you pay to heat and cool your home. Typical homes have so many leaks, it’s like having a window open all the time, winter and summer.
A new home built with structural insulated panels reduces air movement and drafts, moisture, noise and helps keep dust and allergens from penetrating.
- Up to 50 more energy efficient when combined with other energy efficient technologies
- Create a tighter building, up to 15 times more air-tight
- Reduce size of HVAC equipment
- Whole-wall R-value outperforms fiberglass insulation
- Straight, flat, true walls
- No drywall nail pops
- No cracks due to lumber shrinkage
- Built in a climate-controlled environment
- Built to International Building Code
- Automation results in consistent fit and finish
- Tighter fit results in a more efficient structure
Make Yourself Comfortable
With people spending 90% of their time indoors, buildings should create a safe environment for occupants, free from mold, volatile organic compounds (VOCs) or other harmful airborne pollutants. A SIP home allows for better control over the indoor air quality because the airtight building envelope limits incoming air to controlled ventilation. Controlled ventilation filters out contaminants and allergens and also allows for incoming air to be dehumidified, reducing the possibility of mold growth.